Vimukti Sanstha, a registered society, has started an integrated programme for educating the underprivileged girl child from the urban slums. The main objective of this programme is to combat and overcome the vulnerability of these girls through literacy and education and to make them self reliant and self employed citizen. This programme is implemented through Vimukti Girls School.
- Vimukti Girls School (VGS), Jaipur provides completely free education to the girls of slums. VGS does not charge any fee and provides free books, uniforms, stationery,light meals and subsidised transport.
- The criteria for admission in Vimukti Girls School is that the family income of the students seeking admission should not be more than Rs 10,000 per month. Physical verification of the information provided by applicants is done by teachers by visiting the houses of the applicants to ensure that only the families below poverty line are the beneficiaries.
- The curriculum at the school entails educating the student from Pre-primary to Senior Secondary level. A dedicated cadre of full time professionally qualified and trained teachers, staff and volunteers support the Vimukti learning experience.
- There is a constant endeavor to engage parents in the school activities. Parent teachers' meetings are held regularly and it is noticed over the years that not just the mothers but also the fathers now take interest in the education of their daughters. The parents' attendance in these meetings now is 80-90%. Parents are invited for Annual Function Celebration as well as Sports' Day.
- Growth of Vimukti Girls School